Global Ministries Foundation’s
Stephen Olford Ministry legacy Project
Preach the Word. Reach the World.
Training pastors, evangelists, & Church Leaders around the world
to multiply effective and faithful biblical proclamation of the Word of God.
We offer a variety of 4-day intensive courses to train pastors and church leaders in expository preaching and biblical leadership.
Pastors and church leaders who complete our institutes may qualify to become legacy coordinators to train others in expository preaching using master sets of DVD’s and notes provided by the project.
To extend and expand the preaching/teaching ministry of Dr. Stephen Olford by equipping, empowering, and entrusting faithful pastors and church leaders to conduct institutes and schools of expository preaching in their own countries, making the training relevant and transferable within their own cultures.
What our Attendees are saying
Real comments from real people who have received our training.
October 3-6: Essentials of Expository Preaching and Teaching
Bringing together the spiritual, personal, and practical elements of expository preaching, in our startup course on expositional teaching you will learn:
- Theological essentials of what expository preaching is and does, as well as its biblical authority,
- Practical essentials of the development and delivery of expository sermons,
- Spiritual formation of the preacher,
- Fundamental elements of incarnational preaching,
- The place of the Holy Spirit in preaching.
October 9-12: Strengthening Expository Preaching
Strengthening your expository preaching skills in 3 areas:
- Some of the challenging elements of the sermon that every preacher faces,
- Some of the interpretive traps to avoid and guidelines to follow,
- How to study, interpret, and sermonize some of the different types of biblical literature.
October 16-19: Practical Preaching Workshop
In this small-group atmosphere you will:
- Submit a sermon outline for peer review,
- Receive constructive feedback and critique of a message you present “live” at the workshop,
- Improve your teaching and preaching skills through personal coaching from experienced preachers.
October 23-26: Essentials of Evangelistic Preaching
Your evangelistic zeal will be ignited as you are equipped to proclaim the Gospel faithfully. Special attention is given to:
- The content of the Gospel message,
- The preparation of evangelistic messages,
- The distinctives and dynamics of evangelist proclamation and invitation,
- Guidelines for follow-up work, discipleship training and biblical church growth.
October 30-November 2: Expository Preaching and Spiritual Growth
You will learn expository preaching with the goal of helping Christians grow in the Lord and into Christ-likeness. Sessions will center on
- Defining spiritual maturity and immaturity,
- The spiritual growth of the preacher,
- The spiritual growth of a local church.
November 6-9: Essentials of Biblical Leadership
This course, designed for church leaders, parachurch leaders, and denominational leaders, will:
- Grow you in your biblical understanding of incarnational leadership in ministry and the Church,
- Enhance your God-given gifts to more effectively lead, mentor, and instruct the people of God,
- Teach you how to encourage those you lead in practical participation in the ministry of the Church.
November 13-16: Preaching School
If you have completed all six institutes above, you may attend this final workshop which will:
- Allow you to receive further personal instruction and feedback on your preaching,
- Allow you to hone your preaching skills.
All institutes are taught by:
Dr. Ted Rendall – resident minister and professor with Olford Ministries International and curator of the T.S. Rendall collection, a 30,000+ volume ministry research library, Chancellor Emeritus of Prairie Bible Institute,
Guest lecturers – experienced preachers who are experts in their fields are sometimes invited to supplement curriculum. Guest lecturers will be noted in the course descriptions above when possible.
STORIES FROM THE PROJECT
How GMF’s SOML project is empowering expository preaching training.
Miguelito Pabilonia Trains 32 Pastors in the Philippines
Update from India
Host your own institute
- Gather a group
- Pick an institute or have us customize one for you
- Choose a date and location
Can’t come to us? We’ll come to you!