Global Ministries Foundation’s
Stephen Olford Ministry legacy Project
Preach the Word. Reach the World.
Training pastors, evangelists, & Church Leaders around the world
to multiply effective and faithful biblical proclamation of the Word of God.
GMF’S STEPHEN OLFORD CENTER
4000 Riverdale Road,Memphis, TN 38115
To extend and expand the preaching/teaching ministry of Dr. Stephen Olford by equipping, empowering, and entrusting faithful pastors and church leaders to conduct institutes and schools of expository preaching in their own countries, making the training relevant and transferable within their own cultures.
What our Attendees are saying
Real comments from real people who have received our training.
Sept. 11-14, 2018: Expository Preaching and Teaching Essentials
Bringing together the spiritual, personal, and practical elements of expository preaching, in our startup course on expositional teaching you will learn:
- Theological essentials of what expository preaching is and does, as well as its biblical authority,
- Practical essentials of the development and delivery of expository sermons,
- Spiritual formation of the preacher,
- Fundamental elements of incarnational preaching,
- The place of the Holy Spirit in preaching.
Sept. 17-20, 2018: Strengthening Expository Preaching
- Some of the challenging elements of the sermon that every preacher faces,
- Some of the interpretive traps to avoid and guidelines to follow,
- How to study, interpret, and sermonize some of the different types of biblical literature.
Sept. 21-24, 2018: Evangelistic Expository Preaching
1. The content of the Gospel message,
2. The preparation of evangelistic messages,
3. The distinctives and dynamics of evangelist proclamation and invitation,
4. Guidelines for follow-up work, discipleship training and biblical church growth.
Sept. 25-28, 2018: Expository Preaching and Spiritual Growth
1. Defining spiritual maturity and immaturity,
2. The spiritual growth of the preacher,
3. The spiritual growth of a local church.
Oct. 1-4, 2018: Biblical Leadership
1. Grow you in your biblical understanding of incarnational leadership in ministry and the Church,
2. Enhance your God-given gifts to more effectively lead, mentor, and instruct the people of God,
3. Teach you how to encourage those you lead in practical participation in the ministry of the Church.
Oct. 9-12, 2018: Practical Preaching and Teaching Workshop
- Submit a sermon outline for peer review,
- Receive constructive feedback and critique of a message you present “live” at the workshop,
- Improve your teaching and preaching skills through personal coaching from experienced preachers.
Students can earn a Certificate in Expository Preaching upon completion of the various courses above and additional focused reading assignments, preaching and writing assignments, and various practical assessments.
Graduates will have the distintion of being “Stephen Olford Fellows,” which indicates a person’s commitment to expository preaching and a desire to promote expository preaching in the future.
All institutes are taught by:
Dr. Ted Rendall – resident minister and professor with Olford Ministries International and curator of the T.S. Rendall collection, a 30,000+ volume ministry research library, Chancellor Emeritus of Prairie Bible Institute,
Guest lecturers – experienced preachers who are experts in their fields are sometimes invited to supplement curriculum. Guest lecturers will be noted in the course descriptions above when possible.
STORIES FROM THE PROJECT
How GMF’s SOML project is empowering expository preaching training.